British & Irish Rugby
Tour to Australia 2013
Our Friends & Partners...
Official Tour Operator for...
Follow us on...
IAAF Athletics World Junior Championships 2012
Barcelona, 10th - 15th July
Join us in Spain...
These Championships will be staged over 6 days – Tuesday to Sunday – in the magnificent Olympic Stadium in Montjuic, close to the centre of Catalunya’s magnificent capital city.
For the planning and delivery of this tour, All Sports Travel has teamed up again with Graham Botley of Centresport Travel Ltd whose experience of athletics events spans well over 30 years.
Visit the official event website www.bcn2012.org.
Seven-night Standard Tour Itinerary
For the six-day programme we need a seven-night tour, Monday to Monday. You can stay longer but, for those who don’t already know Barcelona, there are gaps in the competition schedule offering opportunities to explore the city.
- Monday 9th July - Fly to Barcelona from your preferred UK airport. You will be met on arrival and transferred to the 4-star Hotel Fira Palace, very close to Plaza Espana.
- Tuesday 10th July - Sunday 15th July - Make your own way to the stadium at times to suit you. The stadium is only a mile from our hotel - comfortable walking distance or a short bus/taxi ride. There are up and down escalators on Montjuic!
- Monday 16th July - Transfer to airport (about 30 mins) for your flight home.
Four, five and six-day options may also be available
- please contact us for a quote.
Originally built for the 1929 International Expo (and Barcelona's bid for the ‘36 Olympics, held in Berlin) it was completely renovated in 1989 in preparation for the 1992 Summer Olympics.
It has a capacity of 56,000 and is located near the top of Montjuic, a big hill to the southwest of the city which overlooks the harbour.
Programme & Tickets
The six-day programme comprises four morning sessions, Tuesday to Friday, and six evening sessions, Tuesday to Sunday. All afternoons are free.
Through our special arrangement with the LOC (Local Organising Committee) we have best seats close to the finish line – six-day passes for only £30.
Main Tribune and General Admission tickets are also readily available on a daily basis, and cheap.
N.B. - we do not provide a ’ticket only’ service.
Click stadium plan to enlarge image.
There are many flight options from the UK to Barcelona, so we ask you to advise your preferred departure airport and flight timings from this comprehensive choice:
|BELFAST||Aer Lingus, British Airways, Easyjet||BIRMINGHAM||BMIbaby|
|EDINBURGH||British Airways||GATWICK||Easyjet, Monarch|
|GLASGOW||British Airways, Jet2||HEATHROW||British Airways/Iberia|
|LEEDS/BRADFORD||Jet2||LONDON CITY||British Airways/Iberia|
|NEWCASTLE||British Airways, Easyjet||SOUTHEND||Easyjet|
NB. We are only offering package tour arrangements, including flights of your choice from departure airport of your choice. Don’t delay - this is high season and flight costs are going up daily.
Flights to Reus and Girona may be cheaper but are usually scheduled at unsociable times. They are both a considerable distance from Barcelona so transfers take a long time. Not recommended.
Contact us when you’re ready to book. We will research the best available options and book your flights at cost, to be added to the ground package price advertised below.
Please contact us to discuss your options.
After extensive, careful research we found this exceptional HQ hotel, combining high standards with competitive pricing and excellent location.
Hotel Fira Palace 4* | Hotel website >
Situated between the famous Plaza de España and Gran Via Avenue, this hotel is in the heart of the city – a mile from the stadium, 15 mins walk from the Ramblas and easy access by bus/metro to anywhere in Barcelona. The 276 rooms have air conditioning, double-glazing and are spacious, very comfortably furnished and fully equipped for maximum comfort.
For triple, family or suite rooms and adapted rooms for wheelchair users,
please contact us.
Airport transfers are included for all flights to Barcelona airport – by bus, minibus or taxi, depending on numbers per flight.
Your tour host Benjamin Woolnough will be with you in Barcelona for the duration of the tour.
Ground Package Prices
All prices are per person.
|Hotel Fira Palace 4*|
Shorter tour itineraries also available - please contact us for a quote.
Tour packages included:
- Seven nights' bed and breakfast basis in superior 4-star hotel.
- Airport transfers.
- Flight booking fee.
- Tour leader throughout.
- Meals other than breakfast.
- Flight(s) – to be charged at cost.
- 6-day finish line ticket @ £30.
- Travel Insurance - Our booking terms and conditions require that all travellers have travel insurance in place at the time of booking.
How to Book
- Booking Form via the link to the right.
- Print and complete accurately.
- Return back to us along with full payment per person.
- We will confirm your booking by ATOL invoice.
- For any further queries, call us on 0800 840 7289
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your financial protection. All Sports Travel is protected by ATOL so you can book your tour with confidence. The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 9498.