British & Irish Rugby
Tour to Australia 2013
Our Friends & Partners...
Official Tour Operator for...
Follow us on...
European Athletics Championships 2012
Helsinki Olympic Stadium
27th June - 1st July
Join us in Finland...
...where Athletics is the national summer sport and where the cream of Europe will meet to win Gold and fine tune their preparations for London.
This will be the third time Helsinki has hosted the European Championships and the city continues to be a leader in Athletics having already hosted an Olympics and two World Championships. We invite you to join us in this wonderful city that is spread across many bays and peninsulas for World-class athletics and a true Scandinavian welcome!
Anticipating that many will wish to include some sight-seeing in such a fascinating destination, we have made provision for extended stays either side of the championships, so please contact us for details of an overnight trip to Tallinn.
The All Sports Travel team is proud that for this tour, we will again be teaming up with Centresport Travel Ltd and Graham Botley - specialist tour operator to athletics events for more than 30 years.
Six-Night Tour Itinerary
With the athletics programme taking place over five days we will be flying in on the morning before competition begins from either Manchester or London and departing the day after, still giving time to explore the city.
- Tuesday 26th June - Fly to Helsinki in the morning from your chosen UK airport. You will be met on arrival for transfer to your hotel and will have time to look around the city.
- Wednesday 27th June – Sunday 1st July - Athletics in stadium. A short walk or public transport ride from both hotels to the Olympic Stadium.
- Monday 2nd July – Afternoon departure giving time to explore Helsinki further.
The competition venue is the impressive Olympic Stadium, located just over one mile from the city centre and seating over 40,000 fans.
This fantastic and historic stadium is easily reached from all parts of the city and expect a 15-minute walk or a short public transport ride.
Programme & Tickets
Competition is packed into a five-day programme, with heats and qualifying in the morning and finals in evening sessions in a reduced total time that provides more action.
By special arrangement with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) we have an allocation of the best available seats on the back straight, opposite both finish lines – numbered and reserved in Sections B Lower, D Upper and D lower. Tickets are priced at £300, £435 and £530 for the full programme.
Click stadium plan to enlarge.
NB - We do not provide a ’ticket only’ service
We are using only direct flights to Helsinki principal airport – Helsinki-Vantaa - using the national carrier Finnair.
These are the flight options for which we have group allocations;
|Six-Night / Seven-Day Tour
To provide time to explore Helsinki the afternoon before the start of the championships and the morning before flying back.
|Departing Tuesday 26th June
||Returning Mon 2nd July|
||Dep LHR 1020 -
Arr HEL 1515
|AY832||Dep HEL 1600 -
Arr LHR 1845
||Dep MAN 1025 -
Arr HEL 1515
|AY934||Dep HEL 1600 -
Arr MAN 1655
For Business / First Class flights, please contact us.
Flights in our group allocations are limited and will be allocated strictly in the order bookings are received. All other non-group flights are subject to availability at the time of booking and subject to price variation/supplementary cost.
We have chosen the Cumulus Kaisaniemi and Cumulus Olympia hotels for their location and comfort - both being close to all major attractions and both a walk or short tram from the stadium.
Cumulus Kaisaniemi 4*
Cumulus Olympia 3* Superior
This hotel will be our 'Tour HQ'.
For triple, family or suite rooms and adapted rooms for wheelchair users,
please contact us.
Airport transfers are included in your tour cost. These will be provided by local minibus, and will be a short journey of 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
Your tour leaders Graham Botley and Benjamin Woolnough will be with you in Helsinki for the duration of the tour, with both flying out from London Heathrow.
All prices below are per person.
Kaisaniemi - 4*
| Hotel Cumulus
Olympia - Superior 3*
Additional nights also available, as are weekend trips and Tallinn extensions
- please contact us for availability and a quote.
Tour package includes:
- Return, scheduled flights, including all taxes
- 6 nights hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- Airport transfers
- Tour party welcome drinks
- Tour leaders throughout
- Event tickets - £300, £435 or £530
- Meals other than breakfast
- Travel Insurance - Our booking terms and conditions require that all parties travelling with All Sports Travel must have adequate insurance in place prior to travel.
How to Book
- Booking Form via the link to the right.
- Print and complete accurately.
- Return back to us along with full payment per person.
- We will confirm your booking by ATOL invoice.
Read more about the European Athletics Championships 2012 here:
The monetary unit in Finland is the Euro. One British Pound is equivalent to approx 1.19 Euros currently. ATM machines (cashpoints) are readily available and dispense Euros. There are a large variety of banks throughout the city centre, and our chosen hotels offer exchange rates that are competitive.
Helsinki has the reputation for being cold but with our arrival in June expect temperatures to be in the region of 18 degrees during the day and dropping to around 8 degrees by night, similar to an English spring. However, being sea-encircled, the cold air and wind can make it feel cooler. Daylight hours are famously long in June with only a few hours of darkness each night. The sun rises around 4am and sets around 11pm.
- For any further queries, call us on 0800 840 7289
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your financial protection. All Sports Travel is protected by ATOL so you can book your tour with confidence. The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 9498.