British & Irish Rugby
Tour to Australia 2013
Our Friends & Partners...
Official Tour Operator for...
Follow us on...
IAAF World Youth Championships 2011
Lille, 6th - 10th July
Join us in France this summer!
Earlier this year we formed a new partnership with Graham Botley of Centresport Travel Ltd, specialist tour operators to athletics events for more than 30 years. Graham organised tours to all previous World Youth Championships since their inception in 1999 and is directly involved with the planning and delivery of this tour.
Our plans are specially tailored for athletics supporters and family connections/coaches of competing athletes.
For the full five-day programme, the optimum dates are out Tuesday 5th, back Monday 11th July. For extra days, or shorter duration, please enquire.
Unusually, travel arrangements are not included in these tour packages. As we prepare this tour plan at the end of May, Eurostar fares on the critical dates are already around £200 per person and will only go higher, so we are offering the flexible alternative of independent travel by car - Lille is only one hour’s drive from Calais. Whichever way you choose to travel, and whenever you are ready to make a booking, we can book Eurostar trains, Eurotunnel and ferries if required.
For a choice of standard and price, we have chosen two attractive, comfortable and modern hotels, close to each other and Lille Flandres railway station in the heart of the city. Both hotels are ideally located for an easy commute to the stadium by bus, train or taxi.
Hotel Balladins (Superior 2*)
For economics and best value, the excellent superior 2* Hotel Balladins will be our tour HQ.
Visit the hotel website here
Hotel Mercure Lille Centre Opera (Superior 3*)
This superior 3*hotel offers the option of a higher standard if preferred.
Visit the hotel website here
The excellent Lille Metropole stadium, in the nearby town of Villeneuve ‘Ascq, hosted the the European Cup in ‘95 when Jonathan Edwards recorded the two longest triple jumps in history. The stadium has been substantially upgraded for these championships and is a straightforward commute by bus, tram or taxi.
By special arrangement with the Local Organising Committee, we have a special allocation of reserved tickets, close to the finish line for the full programme.
You will find the full competition timetable and other useful information on the official website: www.iaaf.org/wyc11/index.html
Tour Options & Prices
For this tour only, our packages do not include travel arrangements and so are referred to as ‘ground’ packages which include:
- Six nights B&B in a choice of hotels - superior 2-star or superior 3-star.
- Best reserved full-programme tickets close to the finish line.
- Half-day excursion to Flanders.
- Services of experienced tour leader Graham Botley throughout.
|Price per person
||Hotel Balladins||Mercure Lille Centre Opera|
|Superior 2* - Tour HQ||Superior 3*|
Extra nights available - see Booking Form for prices.
Packages do not include:
- Meals other than breakfast.
- Transfers to/from the stadium.
- Any items of a personal nature.
- Travel insurance.
(We recommend EssentialTravel.co.uk for all your travel-related arrangements).
How to Book
- Booking Form via the link to the right.
- Print and complete accurately.
- Return back to us with payment for full tour cost.
- We will confirm your booking by ATOL invoice.
Please note: Hotel rooms and event tickets are offered subject to availability at the time of booking and will be allocated strictly in the order that bookings are received.
- For any further queries, call us on 0800 840 7289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your financial protection. All Sports Travel is protected by ATOL so you can book your trip of a lifetime with confidence. The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 9498.